The Jack & Kathy Copeland Center at Fern Creek Lodge will be the new home for year-round programs to serve veterans, military service members, and people of all ages with disabilities. Remodeling of the facility began this summer and the team has been working to make the space accessible.
Beginning in July 2022
Galvanized water pipes and cast iron waste lines have been removed, water damage to exterior walls are being addressed, existing buried utilities have been located, and the campus is full of trenches!
Week of July 24, 2022
- The new water system has been inspected and now on line.
- The existing container previously used as a refrigerator has been relocated and will now serve as a temporary tool and material storage.
- Brent Allen donated the crane work required to lift and relocate the container.
Week of August 15, 2022
• Electrical conduit and pull boxes coming from the East pole has been run to all point of use locations.
• Backfill and compaction of non SCE electrical conduit is complete.
• The water connection at the JLPUD main and the meter pit are installed and backfilled.