What We Do
Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra is building the National Wounded Warrior Center to create an accessible, supportive, welcoming space and enhanced programs supporting veterans as they transition back to civilian life. The facility will offer programs for wounded warriors to LEARN a new vocation, HEAL physical and psychological wounds, and THRIVE in their new lives!
Educational & Vocational Programs
- Wounded Warriors will have access to education programs and resources through a partnership with the Cerro Coso Community College.
- In addition to taking classes and earning certificates, the College will provide Education/Career Planning and Vocational Services.
- Adaptive skiing and snowboarding, cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, fishing, and many more opportunities for stimulating outdoor experiences.
Wellness and PTSD Management Training
- With health and wellness professionals, veterans will learn how to make positive lifestyles changes.
Physical & Mental Healthcare
- Mammoth Hospital and specialty clinics are committed to supporting and supplementing VA treatment plans.
Housing Assistance for Reentry
- The NWWC will provide several months of transitional housing with counseling to facilitate successful reentry back to permanent housing.