The Jack & Kathy Copeland Center at Fern Creek Lodge will be the new home for year-round programs to serve veterans, military service members, and people of all ages with disabilities. Remodeling of the facility began this summer and the team has been working to make the space accessible.
Beginning in July 2022
Galvanized water pipes and cast iron waste lines have been removed, water damage to exterior walls are being addressed, existing buried utilities have been located, and the campus is full of trenches!
Week of July 24, 2022
- The new water system has been inspected and now on line.
- The existing container previously used as a refrigerator has been relocated and will now serve as a temporary tool and material storage.
- Brent Allen donated the crane work required to lift and relocate the container.
Week of August 15, 2022
• Electrical conduit and pull boxes coming from the East pole has been run to all point of use locations.
• Backfill and compaction of non SCE electrical conduit is complete.
• The water connection at the JLPUD main and the meter pit are installed and backfilled.
October and November 2022 Progress
• Junction boxes have been set at every building.
• New wire has been pulled to every junction box.
• Interior slabs have been floated and leveled.
• Entry sidewalk has been placed.
• Downstairs windows have been set.
• The new deck post and beam has been set.
• The footings have been formed and concrete placed.
November and December 2022 Progress
- The garage is on its new foundation and structurally sound.
- The concrete slab has been placed.
- The new ridge beam has been positioned for structural placement.
The interior slab has been leveled.
The Entry sidewalk and deck post pier concrete has been placed.
- The rough-in has been completed. Including framing, plumbing, electrical, cable, heating and cooling.
- The in wall and ceiling insulation has been installed.
- The drywall has been hung, taped, and painted.
The new windows and sliding glass door have been installed.
The exterior rigid insulation and siding has been installed on East, North, and West walls. Pick up work will resume in the spring as practical.
The deck railing is complete.
The South side rigid insulation and siding installation is in progress.